Family

Family

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

An old poem...

I was going through a box of old cards and mementos today, and found a poem I wrote as a teenager. I'm not really much of a writer, but when I was younger I did like to dabble in little poems and rhymes. :) Anyways, the poem really spoke to me and still rings so true in my life and feelings today. I wanted to share it in hopes that some of you understand and feel the same as I do... It is untitled.

{As I sit here in this chair, 
I wonder why I'm really here...
Am I really called 
to serve a higher purpose?
If so, why do I sometimes 
feel so worthless?
How can I make each day count?
As I feel my worries start to mount.
I pray, "God use me today!
I don't want to live if it's not in Your way.
I admit, my world sometimes revolves
around things not of You.
I'm not sure how, because I know
Your Word is beyond true!
Give me strength to live for You,
and the desire to aspire to a higher view!"}

I think I sometimes feel so inadequate, especially as I try to deepen and pursue my relationship with Him. I have an unsatisfied longing for more, deep in my soul, and only He can fill it. I just haven't quite figured out how to live it in every moment of my life, whether good or bad. I sure wish it was easier, but I guess if it was, the struggle wouldn't be worth it. Right?

3 comments:

  1. I definitely know how you feel. I feel inadequate most days! I am beginning to read a book called "the Saving life of Christ" by Major Ian Thomas. It is out of print I think but still available on Amazon. I am so encouraged by it. It is the idea that Christ lives through us, that we can do nothing on our own but that he works through us. It is really freeing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super neat! Glad I'm not alone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super neat! Glad I'm not alone. :)

    ReplyDelete