Family

Family

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Ah, life! :)

So, our week didn't start off so well. Monday felt like a complete disaster to me. ;-) The boys weren't listening or focusing well, and I was very impatient and emotional. Not my finest hour. But we DID manage to get our school done (even though it literally took until supper time), and the high point of our day was going sledding with my dad to my sister's house and visiting with them for a bit. Such a nice reprieve from school!
 
Fast forward to today: SO much better. Like a million times better! I was calm, patient, loving, cheerful, and it made such a difference! I also decided to let the boys choose something fun that they wanted to study/create, instead of all the "boring" subjects I've been forcing on them. Haha! So Malachi originally wanted to build a solar system model, but instead decided on a miniature Pompeii and Mt. Vesuvius that we could erupt when complete, using baking soda, vinegar and red food coloring. We spent the first 2 hours of our school day on this fun project! It was a first making paper mache with my boys, and if you could have seen the mess, I guarantee you would have cringed! LOL! My whole kitchen floor, island counter, and the boys were COVERED with paper mache. They had unfortunately had a bath first thing too! ;-) But I stayed calm despite the mess (which is SO not me; so I know it must have been God's doing) and we just enjoyed being together and creating. They changed clothes afterward and we got all the mess cleaned up.
 
 
 
Today Asher wasn't feeling the greatest (I think he's teething since he's been sucking on his fingers all day), and he was laying on the couch in a blanket. Jonah went over to him, held his head in his lap, and began praying over him, for Jesus to make him feel better and comfort him. It was the sweetest thing ever. I think my heart completely melted... Then after lunch, Malachi said "I think I want to read some books to Asher to cheer him up." So he took a large stack of books out and commenced to read them all to him. So precious! I love how my boys take initiative all on their own to care for their littlest brother. The ways our family has drawn closer together in this past month of homeschooling are almost too numerous to count. God is ALWAYS good and I want to shout it from the rooftops! I never imagined myself here at this point in my life, or that I would have taken on such a giant undertaking as this, but here I am. I couldn't do it without Jamie's support, hard work ethic, and doing Phys. Ed with the boys. Also, this wouldn't work at all if it wasn't for my mom. She is such a help on the days that I work. She is very thorough with what she teaches the boys and they learn so much from her!
I know I am TRULY blessed.
 
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. That is so cool that you let them pick a project! Best mom ever! :) I hope I am as good at homeschooling as you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goodness! You're too kind! Although letting them pick did make for much more compliant, happy and excited children! Haha!

      Delete
    2. EFFECTIVE AND POWERFUL LOVE SPELL CASTER DR JUMBA 
      I want to use this great opportunity to thank Dr.jumba  for helping me to get my boyfriend back after 3 months of breakup. My boyfriend broke up with me because he seeing another girl at his workplace and told me he is no longer interested in me and left me in pain and heartbreak. I was searching for help on the internet and I saw so many good talks about the great spell caster Dr. Jumba and I contacted him also and explain my problems to him and he cast a love spell for me which i use to get back my boyfriend within the period of 48 hours and i am so grateful to him for the good work he did for me,that is why i also want to let everyone who is in need of help out there to also seek help from him because dr. Jumba is a very kind and trustworthy person. Contact him now on His email : Wiccalovespelltools@yahoo.com or whatsapp: +1 (908) 517 4108
       blog : https://wiccaspelltools.blogspot.com/  WEBSITE:  drjumbaspellhome.wordpress.com     

      Delete